Want to know what the Forrest MTB Clubs favorite beginner, intermediate and expert rides are? See their Southern Network Signature Rides suggestions here!
This loop is really fun for all levels of riders. The loop has a good mix of CX trails, Flow and Climbing trails, so riders will have the chance increase their fitness, ability and stoke levels.
SHORT – 7.3KM
LONG – 11Km
TRAIL GRADING: Easy
1. Leave Trailhead on Roller Coaster
2. Ride Stomp Wallaby
3. Return to Trailhead via Roller Coaster
4. Ride Forrest Loop to Spaghetti Junction
5. Ride Sandman’s Slog
6. Descend on Korac & PBJ Down
7. Return to Trailhead via Sandman’s Slog
Option: Continue down Forrest Loop to Barlidjaru
8. Climb Barlidjaru until first intersection and descend Red Carpet
9. Join Copper Shred
10. Ride up Kaanglang Road onto Forrest Loop and return to Trailhead
Enjoy the best flow trails on the network all in one go! This intermediate loop has the perfect mix of flow and climbing trails. The loop will take you on Forrest best two new flow trails and the much loved mighty ‘Red Carpet’.
TRAIL GRADING: Intermediate course
1. Leave Trailhead on Forrest Loop
2. Ascend Sandman’s Slog at Spaghetti Junction
3. Descend on Steam Donkey & Bombora
4. Rejoin Forrest Loop using link trail
5. Cross Barwon River on Kaanglang Rd
6. Ride along Barwon River on Red Carpet to Barlidjaru
7. Ascend Barlidjaru to top of Red Carpet
8. Ride all sections of Red Carpet to bottom
9. Return Trailhead via Kaanglang Rd and Forrest Loop
This loop will get ya heart pumping and ya legs working. The X Country Express has a lot of fast flowing features with challenging climbs in and out of gullies so create the perfect amount of froth.
TRAIL GRADING: Advance Course.
1. Ride Roller Coaster to start of Stomp Wallaby
2. Complete Stomp Wallaby
3. Ride Third Time Lucky to start of Follow the Dog
4. Complete Follow the Dog including Millers Mongrel
5. Return to Trailhead via rest of Third Time Lucky and Roller Coaster.
Any use of these facilities is unsupervised and at your own risk. Forest Fire Management Victoria and the Colac Otway Shire cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any claim, loss or damage that may arise from the use of the facilities. You are responsible for your own safety. Always ride within your ability.
Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the Great Ocean Road region the Wadawurrung, Eastern Maar & Gunditjmara. We pay our respects to their Elders, past, present and emerging. We recognise and respect their unique cultural heritage and the connection to their traditional lands. We commit to building genuine and lasting partnerships that recognise, embrace and support the spirit of reconciliation, working towards self-determination, equity of outcomes and an equal voice for Australia’s first people.